Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After the Inspection and Damage Assessment Steps then we start the Water Extraction Process begins. SERVPRO of Des Moines NW will extract the majority of the water. Then our SERVPRO of Des Moines NW will use our Powerful Pumps and Truck Mount Vaccums, to remove Hundreds and Thousands of gallons of Water from your property.
- Move-Out/ Pack-Out- SERVPRO of Des Moines NW will conduct and organize efficiently to prtect your belongings from getting further damaged.
- Inspect Carpet and Pad- to determine if it needs to be removed to protect the Sub Floor.
- Water Removal Equipment- Moisture Detectors, Hygrometers, Infrared Cameras- to check moisture on behind Walls and Ceilings.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Des Moines NW can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.